Born in Stockholm in 1991, I grew up outside the city in a suburb surrounded by nature and wildlife. My family spent a lot of time outdoors and I learnt different outdoor sports, hiking and fishing. I have always been active and into sports and it lead me to try everything from tennis and floorball, to dancing, thaiboxing, weightlifting and crossfit. Even if sports was a big part of my life, it was not until I turned twenty that it became more than a hobby. It started through a fitness model search where a Swedish/American brand was looking for someone to be the new face of the brand. The voting was held online and as I made top 5, I got to travel to Gothenburg to compete in the finals at Sweden’s largest fitness expo in Gothenburg. I ended up winning the competition and that for me was a life changer. I was given the opportunity to work alongside very talented athletes, photographers, makeup artists and fitness profiles in Sweden and internationally and was brought into the bodybuilding and Fitness industry. After a few years when the category “Bikini Fitness” made it to Sweden, I decided to compete in the IFBB Bikini Fitness division in 2013. It got me qualified for Swedish Nationals and I came in at 9th place the same year. I realized I needed to take a step back and really focus on improving my physique if I wanted to continue competing in this sport and so I took two years off, learning more about training and nutrition and focused 100% on becoming not only a better athlete, but a better coach. I had been working as a gym instructor, thaiboxing instructor and tennis instructor before but decided to add personal trainer and nutritional advisor to the list.
I didn’t compete again until May 2015, in the Fitness Model competition “Fit Factor” at the fitness and bodybuilding expo Body Power in Birmingham. I placed second and was chosen for an article and spread in Women’s Fitness UK as well as being invited to competing in the UKBFF Model and Talent Division at Olympia Amateur in Liverpool, November 2015.
I have done a lot since my entry into the bodybuilding and health – and fitness industry in 2011 and in 2015 I decided to start my own company as an athlete, fitness/health profile and work solely as an entrepreneur. I modeled mostly for sport clothing and sport supplement brands with magazine covers, ads, articles and TV commercials, but also a few companies outside the fitness industry. I have also done lectures and been hired as a consultant for different sport teams where I have talked about and shared my experience and knowledge in competing, training and nutrition. It is a task and challenge that is most rewarding; being given an opportunity to inspire and play a part in someone’s personal growth and progress! As psychology, sociology and social economics is a big part of this, I studied the social work program at Linköping University in Sweden and got a bachelor degree in the summer of 2017.
My wish is to continue working with people in different areas of lifestyle and health coaching, providing tools and guidence for sustainable, healthy and happy lifestyles. If you are interested in learning more about the services I provide or have any questions regarding coaching or consulting, just click here.
Thank you for visiting my website!
Kindest regards, Linda Illerstam
Education and Certifications:
- Certified Tennis instructor
- Certified Thaiboxing instructor
- Certified Gym instructor
- Lic. Personal Trainer
- Lic. Nutrition Counselor, Svenska Näringsakademin
- Bachelor Degree in Social Work
Competitions and placing:
- 2nd place, Fit Factor Fitness Model Competition, May 2015.
- 2nd place, Swedish Nationals IFBB Bikini Fitness, October 2015.
- 3rd place, Olympia Amateur UK IFBB Fitness Model, November 2015.
- 1st place, Arnold Classic South Africa Model Search, May 2016.
- 4th place, Arnold Classic South Africa IFBB Bikini Fitness, May 2016
Covers, ads and magazine spreads:
- Cover and spread in BODY Magazine limited edition “Träna Nu”, 2012
- Interview in BODY Magazine , 2012
- Article on Gymgrossisten.com website, 2012
- Cover of BODY Magazine , December 2014
- Article and spread in Women’s Fitness UK, September 2015
- Article in FLEX Magazine UK, February 2016
- Article and spread in BODY Magazine, February 2016
- Article and spread in MPSA Magazine, July 2016
- Article and spread NT magazine, August 2016
- Feature in Optimum Nutrition product catalogue 2017